Friday, January 9, 2009

Words of Encouragement?

I was playing Legos with J this afternoon. I admit, he's much better at it than I am. He does love the company, though. I was making an addition to the house he was building (per his request) when I made one whole wall cave in.

He reassured me, "Don't worry, Mommy, someday you'll learn to be a big helper..."

Then, under his breath added, "...Hopefully soon."


Meanwhile, H was playing in the next room. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that she kept coming into our room, going into the corner, then running back into the other room. I decided I'd better check it out. When she noticed I was watching her, she covered her mouth and tried to run. I was sure she had herself a stash or candy or some other snack hidden there.

No such luck.

She had 3 lumps of old hardened play doh which she was snacking on.

I've trying to detox them from their sugar overload over the holidays, and this is what she turned to instead?!

No comments: