Friday, March 14, 2008

Whew! Glad that's over.

I had a big presentation Wednesday evening. My partner and I gave a CME dinner. I can't say I really enjoy public speaking. I enjoy having done it, but I find the preparation and delivery fairly stressful - particularly on my gut. Ugh! I have great respect for people who can do it on a regular basis (like B). I can fake being a decent public speaker if I have a month to prepare. If I had to do it weekly, I'm afraid not.

As a result, there hasn't been much to talk about on the blog lately. Unless you'd like to hear about advances in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. In which case, I can wax eloquent for quite a while. Power point slides included.

This week should be more interesting. My partner is going to Cabo san Lucas for the week. That's good and bad from my perspective. Bad for me, because I'm on call for the next 10 days straight - and day number 1 has not been a good start to the stretch. Good for her, for obvious reasons. But good for our family because we get to doggy-sit Churchill!

We took care of him last summer and H fell head over heels in love with him. She still refers to most dogs as "Churchill." This is our way of getting our dog fix without the expense or long term commitment of actually getting our own dog.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I always find your post very interesting.

As for the Breast Cancer... Well, I need to hear about it but I don't know if I want to see the slides.

I go today for my 10 year check. I'm really bad about stuff like that but my daughter-in-law is really worried about me so I said I'd go. She thinks 10 years, knowing my Grandma died from breast cancer, is way to long to wait.

The doggie is cute!