Sunday, April 8, 2007

Can't Wait!

I usually sit near the back of our church. Most weeks I get called out, either to the nursery or to answer a page, and I don't want to be a distraction. One of the advantages of sitting back there, I've found, is that I have a great view of the whole congregation in front of me during the praise time. In our church there are white and black Americans, Nigerians, Asians, and Iranians; professionals, blue collar workers and homeless people.

Today I felt like I got a tiny glimpse of what it will be like in heaven one day. Our pastor had just finished a tremendous message on the power of the resurrection, many hands were lifted up, and people were singing "Worthy is the Lamb" with all their hearts. It was incredibly moving to be part of it.

What a day that will be when the redeemed from every tribe and language and people and nation will gather before the throne and worship Him in song! (Rev. 5:9) When every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, will sing:
"To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" (Rev. 5:13)

I can't wait for the day when Christ will finally be given all the glory He is due; When every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is Lord!

2 comments:

My Middle Age Moments said...

I thought of this very thing about "every tongue tribe and nation" when I was sitting in a study tonight. I heard local people singing Holy HOly Holy and I could not understand their words but I knew the tune. Then it hit me that HE understands exactly what they are singing in their language while I am thinking the words in my language. Some day we will all be singing together. Great post.

PS where are you going to church that hands were raised up.....:) arent they suppose to be tied down or something? (just joking)

Geekbert said...

That passage in Revelation is one of my favorite. Thanks for sharing that-I can't wait too!