Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Overheard recently

I'm able to pull up radiology studies on my computer at home. A while ago, I was reviewing someone's films. J came up and asked what I was looking at. I explained that it was a CAT scan and pointed out a few of the structures he was familiar with. A few months later, I was looking at another study at home. J walked up and said, "Mommy, are those the cat's kidneys?" I think of that every time I look at a CAT scan now and it makes me smile.

H says funny things all the time lately too. She needs a little work on humility, however. I tell her all the time that I love her and how cute and sweet she is, and, well, she believes it.

The other day I said, "I love you, honey." To which she answered, "I love me too!"

Last week when I went to get her out of bed in the morning her first words to me were, "Mommy, I have pretty hair. I have pretty hair." Well, yes you do, dear, but people aren't going to like you much if you go around telling them that.

And on that note: Sunday, Pastor Rowe told H her hair looked cute and she replied, "Yes."

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh this is just what the doctor ordered. No punt intended! I did get that Laugh out loud medication I needed this morning.

Thank you!

Your little J and H are just adorable SJ.

Anonymous said...

So cute!