Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cheap Date

Tuesday night is date night for J and me. He goes to kids' choir practice on Tuesdays. We go out afterward for a special treat. The first time we went I told him we could go wherever he wanted to go.

Anywhere at all.

Where'd we go? Wendy's.

He's a pretty cheap date. Which worked out especially well tonight. We were running a little late. Not so much because we left late, just because traffic is very heavy at that time of day, plus there was a downpour going on so we were moving very slowly. I realized part way there that I'd forgotten to bring my purse with me. I knew that if I tried to turn around and get it we'd miss most of practice, so we pressed on.

Fortunately, I hadn't forgotten my coupon. We recently discovered the strawberry fruitista at Taco Bell and that was what J wanted for his treat this week. I was able to scrape together enough change from the car to get a cheesy bean and rice burrito (which I love except for that blasted cilantro in the sauce. ), cinnamon twists and the free fruitista. I avoided eye contact with the kid behind the counter while counting out my pennies, nickels, and dimes to pay.

It was $1.79 well spent.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hmmmm I'll have to admit when I read the heading of this post, I was thinking that perhaps Pastor B took you out for some free Ice cream or took you to CVS and bought you some snacks with your lucky bucks. LOL!

I must start using coupons. I'm amazed that you would still be able to pull off going to Taco bell with little J.

I was waiting for a post on little J turning off the lights at church on Sunday. I did get a little giggle out of it watching you and Pastor B trying to turn them back on. Hee, Hee