Monday, December 3, 2007

Reason #29 Why I'll never be a Gourmet Chef

29. I wash mushrooms. Yes, I know what they say about not getting them wet because they soak up water, but seriously, when else do you brush the dirt off something and then serve it to your family?

Unless, of course it's an Oreo cookie which dropped and falls under the 5 second rule. For chocolate I'm willing to risk my health. For mushrooms, not so much.

2 comments:

Ro said...

Actually, you really CAN wash them! Just don't let them soak in water. They will soak up water then. But by all means, wash those dirty things under running water! Ro

SJ said...

Thanks, Ro. I appreciate the validation. I just can't come to grips with the "mushroom brush" approach to cleaning them.